Places of historical interest
This residence was built in 1862 by Antonio Caregaro Negrin and is the first example in the city of a residence designed by this architect. The main façade, articulated on three floors, presents, on the piano nobile, an elegant triple lancet loggia with slender pillars and a rich cast iron railing and arched windows fitted with square frames on the third floor. In the past, there was a small terrace on the ground floor with dovetail steps extending towards the present Via Rovereto. The sides the palace presents trefoiled windows and two protruding bodies facing the garden, gracefully articulating this noble residence. The palazzo belonged to the Pizzolato family, wool manufacturers, and subsequently by the Panciera family. During WW1 and WW2 the building was also used as a brothel for soldiers.