Churches and worship places
Ex Monastero Agostiniane
In 1492 the municipality decided to erect a convent near the original church of Sant’Antonio Abate, funded by a legacy received in 1449. The Napoleonic suppressions of 1810 forced the Augustinian nuns to hide elsewhere, but they returned in 1839. In 1879, Senator Alessandro Rossi commissioned architect Antonio Caregaro Negrin the building of the present church and the adjacent buildings. In 2005 the last remaining Augustinian nuns were transferred to the monastery Lecceto (Siena).