Churches and worship places
Chiesa Santa Maria in Valle
Built above the springs known as the Gaminella, this small chapel was built in the 15th century and was restored during the 18th century. The façade has a loggia with three stone columns with 15th century capital on which there is an incision of the year “1485". The small interior contains a rough stone altar with fresco representing Our Lady in Transit, by Antonio Dal Bianco (1814), which replaced the older Nativity of the 18th century which had almost completely faded. The oratory is now public propriety and was restored in 1969.
Chiamata così perchè situata tra due colli, quello del Castello e l'altura detta Grumi dei Frati ed è posta sopra l'acqua sorgiva detta Gaminella.